July Update

Hey guys,

Apologies for missing last update. I completely blanked on it after the site certificate ran out. Good news though, it’s been updated and should hopefully properly renew itself from now on, so no more expired certificate warnings.

That said, I didn’t blank on the update for no reason. I had a good run of days where I was able to work, and work I did. The character generation script now handles species, sex, gender, and gender expression, and as far as I know competently handles any combination thereof. For instance, some species like bovine people have extra, sexually- dimorphic parts. The script knows the likelihood of, say, a masculine trans-female bovine of having horns, or an intersex fem bovine of having an udder. And it’s also structured nicely so that I can easily add more. If I want to add a female-only race of amazonian dragon ladies, it won’t require drastic refactoring of the codebase to make that happen.

Further, it’s now fully capable of factoring in player preference. If the player wants to steer the recruiters in the direction of masculine or feminine, cis or trans, any particular species, they’ll be able to do that and new hires appear according to those tastes.

This all works based on nicely laid-out dictionaries of data that, as I’ve said before, I plan to make as external JSON files. This will mean that players can fiddle with values all they want to. The next step of the process is scale and sizes and is a bit more complex than what I’ve written already, but I’m confident I can have that done before next update. (That is, as always, my health permitting).

Until next time!

2 Responses to “July Update”

  1. Evandill says:

    Glad to see that things on homestead are coming along pretty nicely, hope health stuff lets you continue progress!

  2. Perrin says:

    Good stuff.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.